Vegan diets have gained popularity in recent years as it involves avoiding animal products such as meat, dairy, and eggs and eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains instead. This may seem like your options for recipes to cook are limited. However, there are plenty of ways to get creative in the kitchen and make flavorful meat-free meals at home. Here are nine vegan options to spice up your mealtime menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Mornings can get hectic and leave very little time for whipping up a lavish breakfast. But, it’s still considered to be the most important meal of the day. So, here are a few breakfast ideas to worth trying:
- Use non-dairy yogurt to make a parfait, smoothie or overnight oats.
- Sauté a delicious and quick scramble using a vegan egg alternative such as JUST Egg. (Bonus: Add your favorite seasonings and vegetables for a personalized flavor touch.)
- Prepare chia seed pudding using nut milk the night before and serve with fresh in-season berries the morning of.
A hearty lunch is key for power through the afternoon—whether you’re working remotely or are back in the office. These vegan lunch options can be made in advance and enjoyed from the comfort of your desk:
- Make a batch of roasted chickpeas to sprinkle over soups, salads, curries, or eat as a lunchtime snack.
- Enjoy refreshing vegetable-filled summer rolls with peanut sauce using this recipe from the “Food With Feeling” blog.
- Cook Daring plant-based chicken pieces and add them to a grain bowl or salad.
After a long day, a tasty dinner is sure to kick off your evening on the right note. These dinner ideas are great if you need some mouthwatering inspiration to add to your repertoire.
- Whip up your own vegan burgers using this three-ingredient recipe from TikToker @CheapLazyVegan.
- Swap regular Italian sausages for Beyond Meat’s sweet Italian sausages when preparing a meat sauce for pasta night.
- For taco Tuesday, make these crispy beer-battered vegan fish tacos from the “Jessica in the Kitchen” blog.
Looking for food and mealtime inspiration? Browse our stories on organic versus non-organic foods and five healthy breakfast options to kickstart your day.