If you’re single, fuhgeddaboudit. There’s literally a list of things you could be checking off your list before getting booed up again. Here are 10 things you should be doing while single, besides waiting for Mr. Right.
Get your mind right—whether it be filling it spiritually [seek the Kingdom and God and everything else will be ] or seeking therapy, so you can know thyself—triggers, past trauma, and going over a plan with the said therapist to attract Mr. or Mrs. Right.
Bustle, Oprah Magazine and so many over on their website, blogs, and lifestyle magazines and here at InClub agree these are the top things singles should do while waiting:
- Make a list of all your faults. Again, this is something you can address and clear up in therapy.
- Learn to cook well. Whether it’s going over recipes your momma taught you or grabbing the family’s matriarch for a weekend and nailing the family’s staples— this will go a long way. Food helps everything, especially if it’s good.
- Get some hobbies. Something’s gotta keep you occupied—plus it’ll make you seem interesting.
- Let your married friends help you by asking them questions and letting them keep it real with you. After all, you do want to end up very similar to them, and that’s married, too.
- Get your finances in order. No one wants to end up married to someone in loads of debt, no savings or poor money management.
- Throw yourself into something time-consuming— whether that be finishing school, volunteering, or learning a new language— being educated is top tier and we love seeing beauty and brains.
- Disconnect to reconnect. Put down all your tech, meditate and get into the best shape of your life.
- Train for something—challenges make life more interesting and you’ll look back and be so proud.
- Figure out what you like doing and do it a lot. You may find that you’re good at business or hair—and boom you’ve fixed so many of the problems you thought you had and have built a resume, savings, and a popular, do-good business.
- Fight for a cause that’s special to you
The most important thing to be doing while you’re single is practicing self-love, and not worrying, so you will know how to spot the real thing when it finally does come along.