When it comes to weight loss trends and come go. From the Atkins diet, Keto, intermittent fasting, eating by blood type, liquid diets, and an array of dietary supplements it can all be very confusing. In the end I believe that we instinctively know how essential nutritious foods are for our mental and physical development, growth, and continuity. But we have so many food choices and that’s where diets come in.
Don’t get me wrong diets and systems aren’t bad because I believe some of us need a starting point or some type of structure to break certain habits. But sometimes we make things complicated because we are overloaded with so much information. Raise your hand if you’ve ever gone to the grocery store with health in mind and get completely lost as you walk the aisles like an inspector? I have and it can be daunting.
Well it’s time to get back to basics!
So, don’t change anything yet. Start where you are and let’s hack our way to better health by asking ourselves one simple question, are you hungry or thirsty? According to Consumers Compare this one weight loss tip when answered correctly will help you cut back on unwanted calories that may be causing your weight loss journey to stall. You see when health is the intention weight loss becomes a byproduct of positive life style changes and those changes are based on our ability to choose wisely.
Check out these 5 Health Hacks below:
- If you are thirsty instead of soda or fruit juice try cucumber or lemon infused water, black or green tea, or coffee. As for other drinks according to Healthline caffeine in tea and coffee can boost your metabolism by 3-11%. As it relates to water it's a great practice to drink water right before your meal to ensure you quench your thirst and hunger. With this hack don’t get boggled down in issues like is the water distilled or alkaline now. We have time for that later. Make the healthier choice, establish a new habit, and then research the nuances of water and food later.
- Instead of a meat-based meal discover another protein source or consider loading up on your favorite veggies and fruit. Bulking up your meals with veggies which are high in fiber can easily cut calories and fill you up fast.
- Instead of speed eating consider eating slower and chew your food thoroughly which reduces the number of calories you take in, which can lead to weight loss.
- No judgement but if fast food is still a part of your life instead of choosing a medium, large, or X-large meal consider ordering a small or kid’s size and try to decrease your weekly fast food runs. Eating less fast food is always a plus for health and weight loss. Most lack nutrients therefore, you eat and within an hour or so you’re hungry again.
- Instead of a gym membership consider walking at home. That’s what Ms. Jessica Slaughter did! Ms. Slaughter who is 86 years old told KSDK, that she was borderline diabetic and at the suggestion of a vegan she cut meat out of her diet and began walking around her one bedroom apartment clocking 3,000 steps each day. Ultimately, she dropped 120 pounds.
There are many more hacks that I could share, but I encourage you to start with a clear intention to become more aware of your ability to choose well each time you eat.